Foam, boards, glass, plastic sheets and corrugated materials are difficulet to bond to, due the their low surface energy. Over the past four decades Tantec has gained more and more expertise in building treaters for extruded, thick materials like expanded PE, PP, PS and PVC foam boards (EPE/EPP/EPS/EPVC), and other varieties of expanded and corrugated plastic boards.
The technology is unique and differential, thanks to the ability to manage the extremely high voltages up to 40 kV.
To optimize treatment and minimize waste it is important that the entire board surface is treated. To achieve this result, it is necessary to have the corona discharge around the board’s edge. Tantec solves this problem by increasing the thickness of the dielectricum layer, increasing the roller’s longevity and allowing corona treatment to the board’s edge. Increasing the insulation thickness will even out the discharge and ensure uniform treatment of boards up to 50 mm in thickness.
The FoamTEC is available for single and dual sided treatment. Adjustable electrode which ensures max. flexibility. Electrode height adjustment with digital read-out.
When treating corrugated board, it is important to limit the treatment inside the cavities to avoid loss of power and creation of ozone. The FoamTEC with thick insulation of counter electrodes limits treatment inside the cavities.
The advantages of a FoamTEC Treater:
• treat thick materials, up to 50mm
• cope with material widths up to 3 meter, and capability to treat single or dual sides
• provide adequate treatment power to keep pace with (slow) extrusion line speeds
• fit any production line, due to unlimited customization level
• long life of support roller due to thick silicone dielectric, 20mm • treatment over the edges to minimize waste material – no edge trimming required
• no pin-holes when treating open-cell foams
• no health issues due to no creation of ozone inside hollow or corrugated channels
• treatment of individual sheets is possible